As regulations evolve, understanding and adhering to these changes is crucial for all drone operators. Our specially tailored GVC Transition Course, priced at just £299, is an indispensable tool for pilots transitioning from a legacy certificate of pilot competency to a General VLOS Certificate (GVC), crucial for maintaining your Operational Authorisation (OA).
Here’s what you need to know:
What’s Changing? First and foremost, recognise that this is not merely a transition from a PfCO to a GVC. It’s a shift from your existing legacy certificate to a GVC – this is a transformation in your qualification, not the authority to operate. Remember, the PfCO has already evolved into an OA – Operational Authorisation.
Deadline Alert: Mark your calendars! The transition must be completed by 1st January 2024. Delaying could mean falling behind in compliance and the efficiency of your drone operations.
1. Check Current Regulations: Always start with the basics. Make sure you’re aligned with the latest UK drone operation regulations. Understand what a GVC entails and how it affects your drone operations.
2. Find a Recognised Training Provider: RUAS Ltd., as an RAE – Recognised Assessment Entity, authorised by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), stands at the forefront of this transition. Enrolling in our GVC Transition Course ensures that you’re learning from the best in the field.
3. Engage in Training: Our course doesn’t just skim the surface; it dives deep into the new GVC syllabus, packing in all the additional knowledge and requirements for the updated certification.
4. Assessment: Post training, you’ll need to ace the online assessment and any practical assessments required. Pass these, and your GVC Certificate – your ticket to advanced drone operations – will be in your hands.
5. Apply for Operational Authorisation: With your GVC certificate, you’re ready to apply for an OA through the CAA. This is a critical step in legally operating your drone under the new regulations.
6. Insurance and Registration Compliance: Don’t overlook the essentials! Ensure your drone is insured and registered, displaying your Operator ID prominently.
7. Stay Informed and Proficient: The drone world is constantly evolving. Keep abreast of regulation changes and best practices to fly your drone both safely and legally. You can check the latest regulations on the CAA website.
Selecting the right training provider is pivotal. At RUAS, not only do we offer comprehensive, CAA-authorised training, but we also pride ourselves on providing an immersive and supportive learning environment. We ensure that our trainees are not just prepared for the assessment, but for a future of proficient and responsible drone operations.
With drone technology advancing and regulations evolving, staying updated is not just necessary, it’s mandatory for safe and effective drone operations. RUAS Ltd. is committed to guiding you through every step of your GVC transition. Remember, the deadline is 1st January 2024. Don’t miss your chance to soar compliantly and confidently in the UK skies.
Check out the full range of our courses below:
Ofqual-regulated GVC, A2 CofC, Flight Training and Assessment Drone Training Course.
RUAS Aerial Data Processing course is the next step in data capture for image processing of GIS data product generation through Agisoft Metashape.
The General Visual Line Of Sight Certificate (GVC) has been developed for the operation of a drone with a MTOM of <25kg within the Specific Category.
This Learning Plan includes both the A2 Certificate of Competency and the General VLOS Certificate combined at a reduced price.
The GVC Transition is specifically aimed at individuals who are already operating under the legacy PFCO or NQE prior to December 2020 and who need to re-qualify.
This course has been specifically designed for those who need guidance in preparing their Operations Manual in order to apply for an Operational Authorisation from the CAA.